Waterville, Maine – UMaine-Farmington's baseball team battled Colby College on Wednesday afternoon in non-conference action on Coombs Field.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Brice Springer started on the mound for the Beavers, going 5.1 innings, giving up eight hits with five earned runs and four strikeouts. Gavin Arsenault threw two-thirds of an inning followed by Cole Lockhart who threw one-third of an inning, giving up two hits, three earned runs as Nathan Poulin closed out the game giving up one hit with one strikeout.
- Derek Bowen went 1-4 at the plate with one RBI as Zach Hartsgrove notched on hit alongside Jake Bessey who also notched a hit.
- Brooks Parker threw five innings, giving up three hits with one earned run with six strikeouts. Frank Driscoll threw one inning followed by Patrick Carbone throwing one inning. William Wessman threw the final two innings to shut down the Beavers.
- Chris Romano went 2-4 with two RBI and two runs as Tommy McGee went 2-4 with one RBI and two runs.
- William Wessman went 2-4 as the Mules notched a total of 13 hits on the day.
The Beavers will host Thomas College this weekend for a four-game series starting Friday at 1:00 PM.