Farmington, Maine – UMaine-Farmington men's basketball wins third straight after beating Johnson State 82-66 with a double-double from Milani Hicks in North Atlantic Conference (NAC) action on Friday night in Dearborn Gymnasium.
IN THE BOX
- Miliani Hicks scores game-high with 24 as five Beavers were in double digits. Hicks was 9-12 from the floor and 6-8 at the free throw line along with 12 rebounds, four assists, one steal and one blocks.
- Issac Witham was next for the Beavers in scoring with 18 on 8-14 from the floor with two three-pointers and three rebounds, three assists, and one steal.
- Riley Robinson added 15 points while Bill Ruby and Anthony Owens each had 10 points. Owens shot 4-8 from the floor and 2-2 at the free throw line as Ruby was 5-10 with seven rebounds and six assists.
- Jeyquan Johnson and Demetrius Slade led the Badgers in scoring, each with 12 points. Johnson was 4-16 from the floor with two three-pointers while Slade was 4-4 with two threes and two free throws.
- Marqwon Wynn added 11 points on 3-13 from the floor while Shakeel Irvin added nine rebounds and 10 points.
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Beavers finished the night with a shooting percentage of 50% (34-68), 3-13 from behind the arc and 11-13 at the free throw line. UMF added 39 rebounds, 22 assists, seven steals and three blocks.
- The Badgers shot 37.3% from the floor (22-59), 7-23 from deep and 83.3% at the free throw line. The Badgers notched a total of 36 rebounds, 10 assists, and four steals and four blocks.
The Beavers will host Lyndon St. tomorrow at 3:00 pm.