Gorham, Maine – UMaine-Farmington started their season off with a 71-44 loss to the Southern Maine Huskies on Friday afternoon at the University of Southern Maine Tournament.
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Beavers shot 26.8% on the day (15-56) while shooting 2-12 from behind the arc (16.7%). The Beavers finished 9-10 at the free throw line to go along with 41 rebounds, five assists, and four steals.
- The Huskies finished the night 31-81 from the floor while 21.1% from three-point land and 62.5% (5-8) at the free throw line. USM notched 51 rebounds, 20 assists, 14 steals, and six blocks.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Haley Felkel led the Beavers in scoring with 14 points while Morgan Crocker and Paige Carter each finished with eight points.
- Molly Folsom finished with four points as Makayla Wilson, Cassidy Delano and Sara Lamb each had two points.
- Katie Howe led the Huskies with 11 points on 4-4 shooting and 3-3 from behind the arc while Alexa Srolovitz closed out the night with eight points on 4-9 from the floor.
- Kimberly Howrigan also notched eight points while Chantel Eells and Jackie Luckhardt each notched six points.
- Victoria Harris went 3-8 from the floor with six rebounds while Luckhardt notched seven rebounds.
The Beavers will play game two of the USM Tournament against Castleton tomorrow at 12:00 PM in Gorham, Maine.