Gorham, Maine – UMaine-Farmington played day two in the University of Southern Maine tournament with a 53-35 loss to Castleton on Saturday afternoon.
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Beavers shot 24.4% from the floor (11-45) while shooting 14.3% from behind the arc (1-7). UMF made 12 free throws out of 18 while notching 37 rebounds, three assists, two steals, and three blocks.
- The Spartans made 32.8% of their shots (20-61) and 11-29 from three-point land (37.9%) and 50% at the free throw line (2-4). Castleton notched 37 rebounds, 14 assists, 11 steals, and two blocks.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Morgan Crocker and Molly Folsom led the Beavers in scoring with 11 points each while Crocker had one assist and one steal. Folsom notched four rebounds on the night.
- Makayla Wilson notched four points as Paige Carter had three points.
- Alexis Quenneville led all scorers with 23 points after shooting 8-17 from the floor and 7-16 from three-point land.
- Brooke Raiche finished with 16 points with three rebounds, one assist and two steals.
The Beavers will have their home opener on Tuesday against UMaine-Machias with a 5:30 PM tip-off.